Friday, November 13, 2009

Cry Havoc and Let Loose the Tugs of War

Warning: You might want to turn your audio down before hitting play.


This was the championship tug of war match at our company picnic September 23. It was a single elimination tournament, four rounds deep. The team from front to back was: Me, Steve, Alex, Matt, Chris and Kurt at anchor position. As you can hear, I was in 'Cry Havoc' position.

Unbeknownst to the folks at work, the 'cry havoc' part is standard operating procedure for tug of war games at my karate dojo. It's been reported to me after the picnic, that my strategy of psychological warfare at the front lines was actually pretty effective. I think the quote was "You're scary." I guess it doesn't hurt to be scary, screaming girl at the front when you're the smallest person on a team built for tug of war.

No comments:

Post a Comment