Wednesday, October 28, 2009

'Tis the Other Season

Against my better judgment, I'm in on National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) again this year, my third. I snuck up on it again. I told myself I'm not doing it, I have too many projects I haven't been getting to, I'm holding Thanksgiving dinner, family is visiting, blah, blah, blah. Then I decided I couldn't pass up the crazy productivity that is November writing and thought I could merely channel it into something I keep not doing - revising my 2007 NaNo. Strictly speaking, revising/editing doesn't fall under the purview of NaNoWriMo. It's new novels only.

But upon perusing the vibrant community forums at the NaNoWrimo website, I found others out of the 90,000 or so who had a similar plan to mine. And they called themselves Rebels.

So I'm declaring this a Rebel year. My goal is to write 50,000 new words for my old novel. Furthermore, I'd like to finish up by Thanksgiving. Which means I have 25 days to do it. Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment