Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tali Helmet

Chris is making my helmet since he's got bandwidth, being finished with his Garrus costume and all. I made a model of what would fit around my head in Tali helmet fashion out of armature wire, wire mesh and a couple layers of duct tape on the outside. Then he filled it in with three layers of plaster, two on the inside, one on the outside and sanded the heck out of the outside to smooth it. Naturally, that required some Bondo to fill in a gaping chasm of an air bubble and we ended up with a Rorschach-looking helmet model.



Took some PETG plastic, vacuum-formed six or so helmet candidates, one of which will be the lucky recipient of paint, sanding, painted helmet frame, and overall Tali awesomeness. The picture below actually has the clear plastic over the mold, but it's a bit hard to see.



I keep forgetting to take a picture of the more finished version of the helmet at work, but I'll update that as soon as I remember. As for me, I'm working on my Tali legs. I have my squishy foam Tali toes and tonight will hopefully be making my boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment