Sunday, November 2, 2008

Welcome Ka and Zaia!


Ka



Zaia


We went by the Milo mobile adoption event down at 4th Street in Berkeley today and brought home these two beauties! They are formerly named Ike and Clara, 4 month old brother and sister from a litter of five. As soon as I saw Ka (aka Ike) I knew I liked him. The lady at the adoption event let us hold both of them briefly. Ka really really wanted to jump down and play. Zaia was pretty nervous about all the sidewalk goings on and merely cuddled.

It took them several hours to wander out of their carrier once we put them in their own bathroom upstairs. Ka was lured out by the feathers we bought for them. Zaia is a little shyer but she soon followed her brother out. It wasn't long before they were exploring not just the bathroom, but also the adjoining playroom. Maybe they're still uncertain, but they were very polite about their exploration. By the end of the evening, I had two purring kittens in my lap just before bedtime. We're very happy to have them.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Mom! Such cute kitties! They look so different - you sure they're brother and sister? You should put them up on FB, too. Take lots of pictures - they grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Lee's got a couple of pictures on his FB. I'm sure there'll be more. Thought I was late to work this morning because I couldn't get out of a lapful of purring kittens. Thankfully I hadn't actually moved the clocks back yet.

    ReplyDelete